First day of conference was yesterday. Here's a couple of notes I took .
be out there. get out of the tank. leave the office. take vacations.
throw out the religious rule book (not the Bible).
XXXChurch.com: religious rulebook says don’t go there. Don’t do it. it’s not where you’re supposed to be.
- body alteration - 41% considering plastic surgery makes $40k. What can we do with piece of info to connect with that need.
- 3.4 million marriages are men and women living apart
- over 3 million marriages are interracial
- Average age of video game players is 33 years old - if we’re not out in culture, we may think that video games are for kids
- The fastest growing group of knitters are teens and twentysomethings
We need to overcome our fears - we need to grow a pair
- our decisions are often made out of fear
- First porn show - Mike was scared to death. He could believe that he didn’t belong there, or believe and trust God and believe that he was supposed to be there
Action is not only rewarded, it is demanded.
- Creative masturbation - love the process, love the design. Get a lot of pleasure from dreaming. A project, idea are a dime a dozen. An executed idea is the key.
- make sure the work your doing is going to impact people, not just us
Shamu has an easy life. A Killer whale feels pain.
There will be a lot of pain